March – May 2014
The Greatest 24 Hours to Crank Up the Giving!
I Live Here, I Give Here believes in amplifying the power of your generosity! Debuted in 2013, Amplify Austin is a 24-hour “festival of giving” that provides an easy and fun way for the entire community to give together and help hundreds of nonprofits that are meeting critical needs.
Join us for Wheel to Survive, a 6 hour indoor cycling event to raise money to fund programs for better treatment options for women battling ovarian cancer today and research dollars for a CURE. The event will be held at the Dell Jewish Community Campus on March 30, 2014 from 9AM to 3PM. Our goal is to raise $50,000 and we hope that more than 100 riders, both beginner and seasoned cyclists, will participate in the event with us.
How to participate
Registration fees are $40 with a minimum fundraising amount of $500 per individual rider. Or, you can form a relay team where each rider has a minimum fundraising requirement of $250 for each rider on the team.
REGISTRATION IS A 2 STEP PROCESS.
- First you must register at http://www.stayclassy.org/wheeltosurviveaustin14
- Then immediately after that you must use the link that pops up on your screen to setup your fundraising page. You can create or join a team on this page.
Why You Should Ride
Ovarian cancer is the most lethal gynecological cancer affecting 1 in 70 women. Today more than 70% of ovarian cancer patients will die of their disease. Sadly, symptoms are vague and subtle, so most patients are diagnosed at later stages and less than 50% will survive longer than 5 years after their diagnosis. And there is NO reliable early detection test for the disease. There are mammograms for breast cancer, PSA for prostate cancer, colonoscopy for colon cancer, but NOTHING for ovarian cancer.
IT IS TIME TO CHANGE THESE STATISTICS FOR OUR MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS, SISTERS AND GIRLFRIENDS AND BE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST OVARIAN CANCER TODAY!
That is why we need your help. The goal of the event is to bring awareness of the disease symptoms, fund programs for women battling ovarian cancer today and provide research dollars for a CURE.
Join Keep Austin Beautiful and your fellow Austinites for Clean Sweep – Austin’s annual city-wide service day on April 12th where over 4,000 volunteers join together on an ordinary Saturday morning to make an extraordinary difference. After the network of cleanups volunteers are invited to a FREE volunteer party featuring live music, free lunch, door prizes, and fun environmental kids’ activities.
Volunteer Party: 11AM-1:30PM.
- Live Music
- Free Lunch
- Free Event T-shirts for early registrants
- Door Prizes
- Environmental Education Fair with hands-on activities
- Most Unique Object contest
- And more!
Join Ballet Austin Guild as they celebrate 20 years of their signature event, “Women On Their Toes”.
Ballet Austin Guild celebrates the 20th anniversary of their annual spring luncheon fundraiser, “Women On Their Toes” with a retrospection of twenty years honoring outstanding community volunteers from Austin-area nonprofits.
Special guest speaker, Rachel Moore, CEO of American Ballet Theatre (ABT), will introduce and speak about Project Plié, an initiative to increase ethnic and racial diversity in ballet. Ballet Austin is honored to be a company partner in this initiative.
Tickets are $125 each. Table sponsorships are available at the $1500, $2500, and $5000 levels. Tickets and table sponsorships available through
the website in mid-March.
For more information please visit: https://balletaustinguild.org/
PINK ON BRAZOS
Join Susan G. Komen- Austin for the 3rd annual Perfectly Pink Party!
Saturday May 31, 2014 at Brazos Hall
Presented by Texas Oncology & Texas Breast Specialists
5:30 – 6:45 P.M. VIPink Cocktail Reception sponsored by Lexus of Austin
(Access to VIPink Cocktail Reception included in all inclusive ticket – only 150 available)
7:00 P.M. Pink Party
9:00 P.M. Club Pink After-Party with DJ Johnny Bravvo
Event includes complementary valet parking experience, scrumptious food and drinks by Sterling Affairs, Club Pink after-party with entertainment by DJ Johnny Bravvo and signature Pink & Pizzazz giveaways.
Our Pink Diamond Award ceremony will also take place during the event to recognize individuals and corporate partners who are passionate about supporting our Austin community in finding a cure!
Purchase your ticket today as we will be sure to sell out again this year and visit our Sponsorship Page if you are interested in supporting the event. Attire is Austin chic and no tie is required unless it’s pink, of course!
75% of the proceeds from this event will support men and women in our LOCAL community affected by breast cancer and the remaining 25% will be entirely dedicated to fund research. Next to the US federal government, Susan G. Komen is ranked #2 as the largest funder of breast cancer research in the world. Thank you for helping us make an IMPACT!